The commercial and residential Austin, San Antonio construction projects currently underway are indicative of enormous growth.
Georgetown was number one on the list of the 15 fastest growing U.S. cities from 2014 to 2015, and New Braunfels was second, according to the Dallas News. Officials in San Antonio expect an influx of 1.1 million people in Bexar County by 2040.
Five Largest Austin, San Antonio Construction Projects
The following are currently the five largest construction projects in the Austin, San Antonio areas in order of size (Bisnow):
- Villas at the Rim. The project location is 16333 Vance Jackson Road, San Antonio and is a 427-unit mid-rise apartment complex being developed into 1.5 M square feet of property. The architecture is Spanish Modern in a four-story wrap design.
- The Independent. The skyscraper will consist of 950,000 square feet, stand 658 feet tall and will contain 370 condo units. The construction project is at 301 West Avenue and due to complete in 2019.
- Veramendi. This planned community is located on Loop 337 in New Braunfels and will provide 5,000 homes and units for a multi-family community. Phase 1 construction began in the first quarter of 2017. The city plans to use $2.5 M from the Texas DOT to improve Loop 337, where the community is situated.
- Oracle Campus. Oracle is building a Southeast Austin campus at 2300 Cloud Way on 25 acres. The 551,000 square feet project began in 2016 and includes an eight-story parking garage, and the project’s cost is estimated slightly under $200 M. Oracle also purchased the adjacent Azul Lakeshore Apartments, which it later plans to convert into employee housing.
- 500 West 2nd Street. Named after the address, this 29-story tower will consist of more than 500, 000 square feet and will house tenants such as Google and Austin Fraser.
Looking for Skilled Laborers in the Construction Industry?
Power Labor can assist you in finding skilled laborers that are the right fit for your jobs.